Thursday, July 19, 2018

Vacation / Nationals - part 3

 6/26 - 6/30
I'll put the competition itself in a post of its own, since it was happening in this time frame.   Most of the days it was done around 7 or so, so the evenings were still free. 
The view from our 17th floor room.
One thing about the afternoon storms, they made some fantastic cloud formations. 
Not an unusual sight - a group congregating in one room - probably plotting.
 Outside VooDoo Donuts
We had 2 groups go thru the Escape Room and make it out!
A group of adults were going to go, but we missed our time slot because we had to wait until the improv contest winners were awarded.  So we went & had a few drinks while the kids tried to Escape.  Sounds fair!
But they found us.  Booo!
The last night we were in Orlando, we went to City Walk one last time.
YESSSS!  Haunted golf!
It was fun & I loved the theme!
Then Angel & Sarah wanted to get cornrow braids. 
She actually *just* took these out.  2+ weeks later & they still looked pretty good. 
One of the 'little' girls was getting a hair wrap so they had to pose with her (and yet another girl photobombed)
A quick ride on the boat.  This went between hotels down(up?) river and City Walk.   
They took advantage of the mist around the Universal Globe for some cool photo ops.
Chocolate shake from the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.  This is one of the smaller treats that I've seen pics of - others had a full piece of cake or cupcake on top of them.
Saturday the 30th was our flight home.  
Our plane was fancy, in that we could track ourselves!
My personal drama was I got dehydrated that Sunday at SeaWorld and my contact baked onto my eyeball or something.  I couldn't get it out normally & ended up peeling it off my eye.  So yeah, it was irritated.  Like raging pinkeye red (which made my iris glow a really cool light blue).  But other than being incredibly light sensitive, it didn't hurt & wasn't goopy.  I went to an urgent care in Orlando on Thursday who gave me antibiotic eye drops and assured me I could fly without my eyeball popping.  I went to another urgent care when I got home, and he told me to stop the antibiotics and gave me a card to an ophthalmologist.  So I've been to see her 3 times now.  I'm finally cleared to wear contacts again but on a limited basis until I get a new prescription for a different brand of contacts.   I was indeed happy to make it home with 2 working eyeballs. 

My next post will be all the dance pics and resulting excitement!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! The benefits of going with a big group like that is you can always find someone to go do something fun with.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, sorry about your eye! I'm glad it's doing better.
    That chocolate emporium sounds awesome!
    And the haunted golf! I'd have fun with that, I think. :)

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eye is going better. I can wear my contacts again, but I'm not wearing them daily until I get new ones.
      The Emporium was awesome! Besides incredible looking treats, they had all sorts of steampunk type decor & clothing (t-shirts that smelled like chocolate!!)
      And mini golf is always fun. That's something we need to do more often.

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!