Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Back on track

Alrighty!  I was pleasantly surprised when I got on the scale this evening.  My leader weighed me in, and as I stood on the scale, she leaned forward to look at the screen, then clapped her hands together.  I was thinking "oh, I'm probably down 0.2 lb or something, which is better than a gain anyway".  Nope!  I was down 3.6 lbs!!  

I'm not tempting fate - I'm not expecting to be that lucky again.  I haven't gone too crazy with the leftover Halloween candy and I didn't really snitch too much beforehand.  I do give out full-sized candy bars during trick or treating, but I really wasn't feeling anything.  The almond Snickers wasn't as good as I hoped, and I really haven't been tempted by anything else.  Maybe next year I'll stick with the Skittles & Starbursts, since 1) the kids seemed to be most excited about those anyway and 2) I don't like chewy candy.  I'd be OK with sending the rest to the studio with Angel.  But the bag of Reeses Cups that Randy got on clearance are a different story.  I've been grazing on those, plus I polished off 1 of the 2 boxes of Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts in the past week (which, btw, are 8 points each / 16 points per package!) 
Image result for going down the candy aisle like
Anyhoo.  I did indeed make it to they gym last night.  I'm not as sore as I expected to be.  I did 2+ miles (walking at a brisk pace) on the treadmill and did some of the machines, mainly for arms & back.  So back again tomorrow!  

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-124-9BF74C716651145ECAC7EDD1AB729D6B_zpsxkuumtdq.png

2 comments:

  1. Yay you! I put some of the leftover candy in the freezer and brought some to work. We bought way too much for the few trick or treaters we had. Next year we are not doing that. Working at Michaels is getting me more exercise than I was getting sitting at home typing and when I can I go and make "shopping cart runs" through the parking lot picking up stray carts. My goal is to get into the 180's by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michaels would be a dangerous place to work for me - I'd spend so much money there!!
      Good luck on getting to the 180s!
      My very do-able goal right now is Onederland by June. It's less than 30 pounds so I think I can do it!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!