Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tomorrow is The Day !!

Tomorrow is the big day! I’m going back to Weight Watchers! I’ve noticed some of my pants getting snug again & I hate that little witch on the Wii that says “oof” when you step on the balance board & announces during the body test “ooh that’s obese” GRRRRRR!! It’s going to be like going for the first time since they changed to the PointsPlus program. I don’t know much about it, but I know it’s a lot different than the regular Points program was. Alrighty! Bring on that 20 year reunion !!!!!


Not much going on tonight. Randy is at the Oakland County ARPSC meeting (that I should be at, too!) and the Tweedles (Angel & Amanda) are in playing Wii loudly. I’ll be making a trip to take Amanda home soon.

So we’re about 90% done with Angel’s room. 6 bags of trash out in the can already & another partial still in her room. Surprisingly not a whole lot in the donate box. Legos & shoes, mainly. Randy hung the stuffed animal hammock last night, so that got those off the floor & bed. I got her an underbed storage box for her extra blankets and the 2 small ones we already had have writing utensils & yarn in them. There’s still some random stuff out on the floor & she needs to go thru her clothes & weed some out. I think I’ll post pics once it’s fully done. They’re SCARY !!!

Isn’t it funny how you can be on the Interwebs looking at something & then, as you’re clicking randomly, you find really interesting things? I was reading the comments to a post on the FlyLady FB page and someone posted a link to their blog. First of all, the post was about how this lady used the FlyLady system to get her house ready for Passover. That apparently is when Jewish people get rid of all the leavened food items in their house (thank you www.chabad.org! – yes, I had to look it up because I didn’t know!) and also some say the basis behind spring cleaning. Anyway, so I’m looking at this other lady’s blog & she talks about being inspired by Titus 2 and Proverbs 31. I know the gist of Proverbs 31 is about how a woman/wife should behave, but I don’t know Titus 2. So I guess I need to look it up. I don’t know why her blog really spoke to me. What caught my attention originally was her post about baking potatoes in the crockpot & then I kept reading afterward. There’s a certain wholesomeness & almost innocence in her writing. Or maybe I’m just a dork?

So not much else is going on. Last Wednesday Randy came home from work complaining about stuff again. He was saying the guy who is the team leader now got taken off beeper rotation – which sucks for everyone else, but was given a Blackberry – so he has to be available 24/7. Poor Kevin wasn’t too happy about that! So wandering slightly off topic, I asked Randy if ~I~ could go to Oakland U and get the copy of his transcript so he could send in with his application that he sent to Oakland County. He said he thought he was able to do it online, so after dinner, he sat down & creatively filled out the paperwork (our printer doesn’t work half the time, so he scanned his signature & layered it onto the request) & emailed it in. But on Saturday, his copy of the transcript arrived in the mail!! I know he hasn’t been looking for any other openings, so I really hope this comes thru for him. I know he’d really love working for the county! Goodness knows he volunteers enough for them!

Speaking of which…this Saturday is the first siren test of 2011 !!! But the NWS says “Saturday: Rain, snow, and freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.”  Neat. Here I thought Larry, the Net Control of last week’s net was trying to be funny when he said we’d be out with snow chains. Now that I think of it – we haven’t gotten our usual emails about siren assignments yet…..Hmmm, wonder if they’re talking about it tonight.

So I didn’t have to take Amanda home! Her mom came to get her. Angel is bummed that I won’t let her skip dance tomorrow to go hang out with Amanda on her birthday. I do believe she’s going to get her belly button pierced with a crazy aunt. Sorry – it’s getting too close to the first competition! So she’s is in the living room, showered & snuggled in to watch a chick flick until bed. They were watching part of Saw IV earlier. Odd. I think that was all Amanda, tho. Angel prefers scary over excessively gory. LOL, one of the guys at work, his son was just turning 13 and he was telling me how concerned he was over raising a teenager & all the crap that goes on for them now, etc. I just laughed. I just have to worry about possible nightmares from horror movies (none so far!!) He thought that was pretty funny. She is interested in boys, but luckily she’s not obsessed like niece Lisa is. Whew! She thinks I’m kidding when I tell her that I’ve researched military schools for girls. Heehee. Nope!


So anyway, guess I should go straighten up the kitchen & start the dishwasher or something useful like that before bed. Pppft.

I don't know why they were all hanging out in the bathroom this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!