Friday, August 21, 2009


TGIF !!!

It's such a quiet, peaceful weekend. I had such grand plans to get so much done outside, especially since it's so cool & comfortable. Today I got a book read and Randy & I went out to dinner. Yup. Really productive. Oh, some laundry, too. Laurie came by about 2 to get Angel. They were on their way to a pool party and then to a Peter Frampton concert. Angel and Lisa were both like "Peter Who???" I had Randy look him up on YouTube so we could figure out some of his songs. I think I know 3.

Last weekend we had a painting "Hobo Weekend" at Laurie's. Of course it was 90+ degrees out, but there was a breeze so we only got sunburnt, not baked. We had to do one entire side of the pasture and the inside of the front. The fun wore off after the first couple hours. But we got the whole side done Saturday and it only took a couple hours Sunday to do the front. Saturday night we went for a walk around the block at like 11 PM. It was pretty entertaining, except when we got to where the trail was washed out over a culvert in the last big rain. The ditch was probably 15 feet across and maybe 12 feet deep. It was tough getting the dogs across, at least Jack. Morgan is big enough to scramble up the other side, but Jack needed a boost. We couldn't even get decent pics, because our flashes wouldn't light up the area enough! Then we went back and we camped in the barn. We threw a tarp over the hay and the girls put their sleeping bags on it. Laurie and I used my air mattress in the aisle outside the horses' stalls. It was funny, we had a discussion about whether or not horses snored. We never did find out, because I don't think they slept much. Every time I looked up, there were eyes looking back at me. I'm sure they were wondering what the heck we were going in their house.

Sunday after we finished up and got most of the paint cleaned off, we went to the little podunk water park near Laurie's house. There's one pool, divided by a bridge. One side was basically a kiddie pool and the other side had 2 water slides. It went from ankle deep to about 3 feet by the slides. I haven't been to a water park since I had gone to one in Pensacola right after bootcamp. It was pretty fun. There was a lifeguard flirting with Angel - heehee! He'd messed with her before about not going on the straight slide, she only wanted to go on the twirly one. Last time she was there, he'd told her that she couldn't go on the twirly one any more until she went down the straight one. She turned around and went back down the stairs. Really made him feel bad! It was funny that he remembered her and messed with her some more.

Not much else is going on. Only 5 more working days til vacation! I do believe we're going to the Renaissance Festival one day, probably the Henry Ford Museum to see Rock Stars' Car & Guitars, probably Greenfield Village to see the Thomas Edison stuff we missed last time we went. basically we're going to get the girl sick of us so she's ready to go back to school on the 8th.

Speaking of school, we still haven't heard anything about what kind of supplies she'll need or even when she has to go in for scheduling, etc. It's getting close!

I was rather ticked this week. We'd stopped over to visit Mom & Dad and while on the way home I was rear-ended again while sitting at a light. The sad part is, I could see her coming and couldn't do a damn thing about it. I was able to pull up slightly in an attempt to get into the left turn lane, but I was too close to the car in front of me. Guess I should be glad I didn't get shoved into them, too! Apparently the bimbo had screaming kids in the car - 3 girls all Angel's age and younger - and was distracted. Nice. At least she had more damage done to her car than I did on mine. Her fiberglass bumper had 2 obvious tears in it, while I just have a couple minor creases on the bumper, about the size of a silver dollar. I am never going to get rid of this car! I think Angel can expect to inherit it when she's old enough to drive. It just rolled to 100,000 miles about a week and a half ago. I was on an empty stretch of road, so I drove back and forth for a while so I could get pictures of it at 99999.9 and at 100K. But my pretty new license plate got messed up! It's bent & the paint is scraped off the letters. I could have cried! Randy got it straightened out somewhat, but I'll have to take blue nail polish to the letters or something. *sniff*

I do have some good news!  I think I may have broken my plateau!  I lost 1.4 lbs at weigh in Thursday.  I'm still not down to my all-time low, which was on June 11, but I'm close!

So anyway, that's all the excitement here. I have further confirmed that Mother Nature and Aunt Flo in particular are horrid little bitches. Yet again, I'm on a 21 day cycle. It really sucks! I was looking at my calendar, since I highlight this time of the month to keep track and noticed the timing. I wish I could remember the name of the horse on Ren & Stimpy. He always sat up, rubbed his chin with a hoof and said "No sir. I don't like it. Don't like it at all." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!