Thursday, July 25, 2013

Happy Blogiversary to me!!

My very first blog post was July 25, 2009.

I believe it was on FreeWebs, then.  I'd been on Yahoo 360 before that & don't even know what happened with that blog / host - it doesn't even exist any more!  I think I moved to Freewebs, & nover knew how to import my posts over.  Hmm.  After freewebs, I moved again and settled happily on Blogger.

I was undecided for a while, whether or not to have 1 blog or 2, especially once I joined Weight Watchers. I didn't know if I wanted to have a separate weight loss one or keep it in with my personal one.  So I went back & forth for a while.  Then left them separate. When I fell in love with Halloween, there was no doubt it would get its own blog!

Anyhooooo,  have I learned a LOT since those 360 days!
  • use actual titles on the posts instead of just the date.
  • labels. 
  • write more often instead of 2 - 3 per month.  
  • posts don't have to be novels.
  • pictures are good!
  • edit.
So, onto now business!  I went to my meeting tonight, instead of Wednesday, so I could stop by Mom's and get some pics of my niece to make a picture board for her graduation party Sunday.  I noticed later, that after all the years she was taking skating lessons and dancing, there were no pics from those. WTH?  That was a big part of her life!!  At least there are pics from 4-H with the horse and such. 

 In 2 years when Angel graduates, there will be one solid board of dance pics!!  And I plan to plant annuals in my yard in her school colors (black, orange & white)  But I digress. 

I was pleased with 1.4 lb loss tonight!  I was rather concerned since Randy & I went to Red Lobster last Friday night and I ended up using 60 points for the day!!  ~swoon~   But earning 42 APs was da bomb!! All those hours painting at the studio really paid off!  Now that its done, I don't know what I'll do.  I should check out the Zumba class they have there - it happens to be shortly before Angel has her acro class, so that could work! 

 Activelink Progress Report

WW Progress Report

So I have 5 weeks from today til my birthday and my mini-goal is to reach Onderland - I think it's gonna happen - SQUEEEEEEE!

I almost forgot - 2 NSV' today!  Well, one definitely is, the other...maybe not.  I got Randy to go for a walk with the dog & I !!!!  It was so nice & cool out after dinner (we ate on the patio!) that I suggested a walk around the neighborhood.  he agreed and then decided we should go halfway around the park.  MapMyWalk calculated us going 1.6 miles, so that's pretty darn good for him!  Jack kept yanking on the leash, trying to get me to go faster, aka our usual pace, but that wasn't happening.   NSV (kinda) #2 is something I've just recently noticed in the past 2-3 weeks.  My underwear are too big!!    They're making me crazy!  So I can't wait to take my measurements next week.

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!