Friday, July 19, 2013

checking in!

The name change plans are moving along smoothly!  I even contacted the help desk at Bloglovin to make sure everything would be OK.  Good to go!  Less than one week will be the new & improved blog by me!

Well, the move into the new dance studio still hasn't happened.  They were supposed to start classes on the 9th. Then the 16th.  Now the owner, Terina is almost 100% positive it'll be the 23rd.  Angel & I went over last Friday night and got the first coat of paint on the bathroom.  Teal & caramel brown.


Then Saturday Mom & I went to a memorial service for my 2nd grade teacher.  She was a great teacher and I'd exchanged Christmas cards with her for years.  She always sent a nice long letter and I did, too.   She was good friends with Mom, too.  It was amazing how many old teachers I saw who remembered me!!   Anyway, I spent the day with Mom and had to stop at the store on the way home.  By the time I got home and just settled my butt in front of the computer, it was almost 10pm.   Then at 10, my phone rang.  Terina begging for help.  So I changed my clothes and headed to the studio.  

This was around 2 am.  My kick-line partner is Terina's daughter Sarah.
I was also accused of "twerking" - but Terina's mom was doing it more than me!

 I spent 3 1/2 hours on these damn stripes.  Finished up at 6am.
She's lucky Angel had spent the night at a friend's since
I would NOT have stayed all night otherwise.
The purple looks faded here. 

Studio A back & side walls

 Studio B back wall
One the tape was pulled off, there is a white line on each side of the pink.
 It looks really cool!

Studio C (the green & purple zig-zag is the back wall reflected in the mirrors)
This pic was actually taken this Tuesday - the day classes were supposed to start.
Note the bare plywood floors. 
Since we were there, we did more painting. 

So anyway, we are going back over tomorrow and see what else needs to be done.  Hopefully there won't be much!  Ya know, one of the ladies at work wonders why I've been going over to help when I'm not "getting anything" for it, as in pay or tuition discounts.  It's called *volunteering* at my child's second home!  Discounts would be nice, but I'm not expecting any.  Besides, it's awesome painting those bright colors, since you can really see the progress you're making.  If you're doing boring colors, it wouldn't be as fun. 

Angel claims that when they finally do start classes, they're all going to be bunched up together, since they had to be in the tiny old studio.  Studio B is about the same size as the old one, but A & C are ginormous.  We paced it out and I could pick up my entire house and set it inside either studio with room to spare. 

So that's been about the gist of what's been going on around here.  I'm hoping once it cools off some, I'll be able to get some wood and finally build my cemetery fence for the Maple Grove Cemetery.  I'm going to need a good 70 feet worth of fence. ~swoon~  I'll probably end up with 80, since 10-8 foot lengths are a good round number. And - oh joy! I saw a suggestion to use ladder hangers on the privacy fence to hang the fence sections on.  Brilliant!!!  I'd probably put them on the back side of the garage to help protect them some. 

So anyway.  Is my life really that dull?  Nothing has been happening since the recital? 

 ~thinking~ 

nope.

Shuttling the kid to summer school (only 9 more days!!!) Work. Home. Laundry /shopping / cleaning.  Domestic bliss!

Yesterday was Randy's birthday (no loving, heartfelt post - yeah, I suck!) He got to leave work early and we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I wish I knew what they do to their steaks to make them so damn good!  Other than soak them in butter, that is.  Then, since it was his day, he got to decide what we did afterward.  So we went and walked around Radio Shack, the Salvation Army and a dollar store.  Spent a total of $2 since I needed some white glue for a paper mache project.  We are such party animals!!!

Next month, we're planning on another Michigan vacation.  Last year was Hell to Paradise.  We're thinking driving over to Grand rapids and heading up the west coast along Lake Michigan.  I really want to see Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore, but that's realllly far north!  I'm sure we'll figure it out as time gets closer.  Randy & I both took the week before Labor Day off again.  Angel will start school on Tuesday 9/3 so this is a fun way to get her tired of us and ready to become a junior!

So that's about all that's going on here!  The excitement is killer, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. Staying up all night painting with friends sounds really fun to me!! Your stripes look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the studio!! I used to volunteer endless hours at my daughters dance school, because she loved it. I would do it all over again to see the smile on her face.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!