Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brrrr!




In case you've been under a rock, or in a volcano and have not been on Facebook recently, you already know that it's freakin' cold out!  I pride myself in being a Northern girl who likes cooler weather. I can't handle the heat.  I mean literally, we went to Arkansas one July and I swear I almost melted.  But this is ridiculous.  Highs in the single digits and words can't describe the wind chill.  Like, ice crystals in the nose kind of cold!  

However....this photo was taken yesterday & posted on the Hell, Michigan Facebook page - Hell has NOT frozen over!


LOL!  But the windshield solvent in my car sure froze!  And I fill mine up at work with the same stuff they use in the tractor-trailers so I'd think that they would have to good stuff, but I guess not!  I finally got some to come out this afternoon & it promptly iced up my windshield.

Randy is gone for the weekend, he's way up north doing radio stuff for the Sno-Drift Road Rally.  Basically it's a car race on snow.  Yeah, I'm glad I'm not there.

Of course last weekend our furnace tried to go kaput on us.  We have baseboard heat & the boiler unit is probably several years older than the 1973 addition on our house. It was leaking so bad that the carpet on the other side of the wall was soaked.  And of course it's right where my feet go when I get out of bed!  But we got a repair dude to come out & it seems to be running OK now.

Last night I woke up when Chester jumped on the bed.  I heard Maddie meow, then sneeze but I couldn't figure out where she was.  Usually she curls up on Randy's pillow when he's not home.  I found her, under the covers, down where Randy's butt would be.  Chester had stepped on her, hence the meow.  What a goofball!  Her favorite place lately has been on top of the aquarium.  The light in the hood is nice & warm so that's where she goes.

So mot much else is going on.  I obviously haven't gotten around to changing the look of my blog.  I want to find something that fits both the randomness of my posts & my personality.   That's OK, I'm still not happy with the look over at The Life of Lisa, either.  It's getting there, but not yet.

Oh, I almost forgot - sign ups for this year's April A-Z Blogging Challenge are next week!  I've been preparing   I made up a spreadsheet with a column for each of my 3 blogs and have listing topics for each one.  I wasn't sure about doing all 3 again this year, but I'm almost 2/3 of the way done with ideas.  So I guess 3 it will be for me!  And I already pre-scheduled posts, even though it's just the letter for the subject & the appropriate date for it.   Now if I got the days wrong, I'll be pissed!

Alrighty, it's time to turn in for the night - stay warm!!

50 degrees in California and Michigan. Course if you don't like the weather in Michigan, just wait five minuets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!