Monday, October 22, 2012

Get Fit, Feel Epic - week 8

Happy Monday!!

It wasn't much of a weekend at the Love Shaque, due to the hubby coming home from work Friday, all whiny & not feeling well (such a guy!!)  He did manage to make it to the bowling alley for the dance studio's fundraiser, but that was it.  I won't share the gory details, but will say he was actually sick and I felt sorry for him.  And also hope that he wasn't contagious!  

So Saturday I didn't do much, I wanted to stay close to Mr. Drama in case he needed something. I did go weigh in and did the studio shuttle for Miss Angela, but I always had my phone handy.  I worked on a couple small projects and made a quick trip to the Dollar Tree to get a few more things for my witches kitchen.  It's amazing how creepy some things can look when you put them in a different location.  I have bottles of rice, coriander, body scrub, string, glitter, beads, artificial flowers, all sorts of stuff.

Sunday, I cut down dead flowers & plants in my yard and got the back yard mowed.  That's a lot of bending, so the backs of my thighs are burning right now!

So here's how I did with my goals this week.

1. attend a WW meeting every week.   Check!  I was up slightly, but since this is PMS week, I wasn't too worried about that.  I went to the Saturday 10am meeting.  That seems to be a good time frame, since I'm up already and it wasn't crowded.  The topic this week was evening snacking & how to survive the urge. That's a tough one.  Lately I've been craving soft chocolate chip cookies, badly.  And we don't have any in the house, so that solves that issue!

2. do some sort of exercise 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes.  3/3  I took Jack for a walk, walked at work 6 laps of the building, and mowed the yard (when your yard is as big as mine, this totally counts!)

3. track every day.   3/7    meh.

4. look up and try at least 3 new recipes a week.   1/3    Crockpot Beef Stroganoff  was pretty darn tasty if I must say so myself!

5. do at least 15 minutes daily straightening up the house.   6/7   Saturday was pretty low-key

This weeks' challenge was a photo scavenger hunt.  Very fun to do!

1. me after a workout - it was a 2 mile walk.  Not overly sweaty, but definitely wind-blown.

2. a piece of fitness equipment.  OK, here are 2 pieces.  My feet & Jack. 

3. where I sleep.  Complete with cats, Chester & Maddie on the pillow.

4. my favorite movie.  Top Gun  This came out when I was in middle school.  I wonder if, deep down, it had something to do with me joining the Navy?  

5. my source of inspiration.  Angel and her recital photos (9 dances!!) from last year.

6. something that makes me happy (only one thing???)  horseback riding
 
7. nature.  I love this clump of very different colored trees.

8. something I've grown or created.  The Maple Grove Cemetery, shown here mostly set up.



9. something I really should stop.  Pop.

10. something new(ish) that I love.  I've had my iPhone for about 6 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!