Monday, May 21, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Three Things

Happy Monday!  The girl and I had a nice weekend alone because the hubby was in Dayton for the big Ham Radio Convention from Wednesday til he drug himself home Sunday evening. 

Funny story - I gave both hubby & I heart failure last night!  We were sleeping with the window open and I work up around 2:40am and smelled smoke.  At first I was like O_o.  Then I realized it smelled like it did 2 years ago when the neighbor's house was on fire!  So I rolled over and was looking out the window (for a glow or fire truck lights? idk) then for some reason I looked back over my shoulder toward the bathroom and swear, in the dim glow of the nightlight, that the room was filled with smoke.  I freaked!  I leaped out of bed, yelling that the house was filled with smoke and started throwing lights on and looking frantically for flames.  I never saw Randy move so fast, EVER!  He was right behind me and finally told me that I must have been seeing things - there was no smoke.  I calmed down a bit and realized he was right.  Ooops.  Sorry?  

I still wonder where the smell was coming from.

Anyway...its time for FMM!


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over yonder at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Three Things


1. Three of your favorite movies:
-The Man from Snowy River
-Up Periscope
-Top Gun

2. Three of your favorite things to drink:
-water with Crystal Lite
-iced tea
-umbrella drinks (pina coladas / margaritas / etc)

3. Three of your favorite songs:
-anything by Def Leppard  (who coincidentally are going to be in concert the day before our anniversary - I've already hinted at the hubby that it would be fun to go!)
-Me Like Hockey by the Arrogant Worms
-Neon Moon by Brooks & Dunn

4. Three people who have recently been a positive influence on your life (outside of your family):
-Kenlie.  Look at what an inspiration she is!
-my friend Ann.  She has 4 kids, all with special needs.  I love how her faith keeps her cheerful and going with all the individual issues they have.
-hmm

5. Three things you to do keep yourself entertained:
-beading.  I am determined to make a spider that I am happy with!
-reading
-planning for Halloween / exploring cemeteries

6. Three things you’re attracted to in the opposite sex:
-sense of humor
-easy to talk to
-honesty & loyalty

7. Three things you love about yourself:

-I'm creative
-I am not a helpless female - I can change a tire and use power tools, etc.
-I am just amazing. (LOL!!) I guess that would be "my high opinion of myself"

8. The last three people who text messaged you:
-the hubby with updates on his trip home last night
- one of the girl's friends.  Angel was over her house & I texted her to see how she was getting home.
-my friend Ann who sends out daily inspiration texts.

9. Three things you’re looking forward to this week:
-using the MapMyWalk app some more
-the long weekend
-playing with my new camera.  I WILL get pics of the robin family in my yard!

10. Three wishes specifically for yourself…What are they? (Be selfish, and be honest.)
-to find what my actual purpose in life is, other than Randy's wife and Angela's mom.
-to have a bigger house with ~gasp~ an actual laundry room and a bay window so I can have a Boston Fern.
-to magically lose these last 50ish pounds and for my skin to fit!

11. Three of your favorite quotes:
-If you can't love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love someone else? - RuPaul
-Be the person your dog thinks you are.
-Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

12. Three of your biggest fears:
-apparently fire, after last night's episode!
-deep water where I can't see what might be lurking to grab my feet
-

13. Three of your favorite TV shows:
-RuPaul's Drag Race
-the Joy of Painting with Bob Ross on PBS
-umm

14. Three of your favorite things to purchase when you’re shopping.
-cool antiques.  I got the most beautiful cranberry glass lamp recently that I rewired all by myself & absolutely love!
-plants
-books

15. Three things that you enjoyed last week:
-seeing how many miles it is to cut my lawn (3.18!!)
-a whole night alone with just the cat & dog at home
-buying my annual flowers and planting them.

16. Three things that you always have in your bag or close to you if you’re not a purse kind of person.
-my iPhone
-a notebook for Halloween and other ideas
-chapstick

17. Three types of food that you wouldn’t want to give up.
-meat
-BBQ / grilled meat
-teriyaki meat
obviously I will NEVER be a vegetarian!

18. Three things you do to enjoy burning calories:
-walking
-bike riding
-horseback riding

19. Three things you dislike about blogging:
-not having anything really interesting to write about
-Captcha codes!  Those are a pain in the butt!  I'm so glad I learned how to turn that off.
-not knowing "computer-ese" enough to edit html codes & the like.

20. Three ways blogging has changed your life:
-I think it's fascinating to learn about life in other countries and blogging indulges that.
-same with different lifestyles & beliefs.
-it helps me to be a bit more accountable, since I post all my embarrassing weight info.

Now it’s your turn to answer the questions! Don’t forget to go and link up in the comments, and have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!