Saturday, April 21, 2012

S

S is for Smoothies.

Oh my - there are quite literally zillions of different smoothies out there to help you detox or simply get in some extra veggies.  If you go on Pinterest & search "smoothie" you'll get pins upon pins upon pins.

This is the first one that got my attention....


a frozen banana
spinach
Chobani Greek Yogurt, plain
peanut butter
almond milk

Of course I tweaked my recipe some, since I think almond milk is disgusting.  I used skim milk and tossed some strawberries in for some extra sweetening.  

Just any FYI if you do that......notice that lovely bright green up there?  Strawberries add red.  Which makes for a really nasty brown smoothie.  But if you can get past the color, it tastes really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!