Monday, April 2, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - When I was a kid...

Hi everyone!  if you're here for the A-Z Challenge post - that should be below this one.  FMM is something I do every Monday and link back to Miss Kenlie's blog so a bunch of us with similar interests can "meet"!

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

When I was a kid…


  1. My parents told me…God made dirt, so dirt don't hurt. 
  2. I wanted to grow up to be a…horse trainer.  I was even accepted at a college in Ohio specialiazing in Equestrian Studies.  Then I saw the Navy recruiter in the hall at school....
  3. I refused to eat…Mom's lasagna.  Her noodles were always still hard.
  4. My favorite thing to do outside was…we spent the entire summer outside as kids! My parents had a place "up north" and only 3 channels on the TV.  So we had favorite trees to climb, swam in the river, explored the woods - when I got older, I was out on horseback all day.
  5. I broke my…I've never broken a bone!  Had stitches on my head from jumping on the bed, tho.
  6. I liked to wear…clothes? I didn't have any certain favorites.
  7. My parents always…seemed to get along.  Us kids got yelled at plenty, but I never heard them raise their voices at each other.
  8. I thought that Santa was…real until I found where my parents hid the stash.
  9. My favorite cartoon was...Scooby Doo.
  10. I was the…youngest of 5 - aka "the accident"
  11. I got in trouble when…hmm. tough one.  My brothers got in trouble a lot, so I watched & learned what not to do from them. 
  12. My bedroom was…somewhat messy.  I had to share a room with my sister who is 13 years older.  I didn't think she'd ever move out!!
  13. My favorite food was…popcorn
  14. My parents always made me…ride in the bed of the truck while going up north.  It sounds horrible, but I had a lawn chair (there was a camper shell on the truck) and my Walkman, books and the dog for company.  It was only a 2 hour drive.
  15. My first crush was…not until high school.  There was a guy named Mark who was a year behind me, but had the most intense blue eyes.
  16. My favorite toy was…Dirt.  Worms.  Naked Barbies.  My toy horses.
  17. I thought school was…a trial.  I never fit into one of the cliques, so I just stayed to myself.  My grades were just average.
  18. My biggest fear was…something grabbing my legs while swimming.
  19. My favorite story was…any of my horse books.  I had tons of them! And the Little House series.
  20. My favorite memories…going on walks thru the woods with my Dad.  I can't tell you how many times I fell into the river while crossing on a log, but Dad did it and I thought I could!
Now it’s your turn! Don’t forget to answer the questions on your blog and come back to link up in the comments! Happy Monday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!