Monday, April 30, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Cooking Habits

Wooohoo!  Happy dance for the A-Z Challenge that has now Zooooooomed away!

Spent the entire weekend watching kids dance at a competition - the girl's studio racked up by awards.  I like to think they were awesome, (and they were!!) but they were one of the few studios in this one particular category, so that may have helped some.  But we'll take it!

 It’s time for FMM!



If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section over at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Cooking Habits


1. What is your favorite meal to prepare at home? Spaghetti and garlic toast.  It's one of the few dishes I make that Miss Picky will have seconds of.  I very seldom have leftovers.  I'm making lasagna tonight & they are both looking forward to that, too.
2. Do you like to experiment in the kitchen, or do you prefer to stick to the basics?  I like to experiment, but SOME people (cough, husband, cough, daughter, cough cough) in my house are not adventurous. 
3. What is your favorite cookbook? Hmmm…Hungry Girl has some great recipes! I also love SkinnyTaste.com and believe that Gina should publish a cookbook.  (Yes - I kept the same answer as Kenlie!)
4. Do you have any tricks to share that help you reach your fruits and veggies goal for the day?  Nothing recently, but I do love salads and will add spinach to my smoothies, when I make them.
5. What’s the most interesting thing you made last week?  This is a hard one - since I didn't go grocery shopping and was gone a lot due to the comp and stuff.  I had a box of Banquet Chicken & Dumplings (just mix it all up & bake and also very surprisingly low in Points!).  I added some extra Bisquick to make the dumplings bigger, more veggies and a can of cream of whatever and it was really good!
6. How often do you watch cooking shows on TV?  Never
7. When you’re hungry, where are you most likely to look first? Probably the fridge.
8. List a few healthy staples that can always be found in your kitchen. I always have chicken breast in the freezer. I usually have frozen strawberries, fresh spinach and romaine and skim milk. I usually always have bananas, peanut butter and eggs too. (same answer as Kenlie again!)
9. Are you motivated to cook at home even when you’re eating alone?  If it is just me, I have no problem with making some eggs and grits.  Or eggs & pancakes occasionally.
10. How often do you try new recipes? Not as often as I like, due to the afore-mentioned picky family.  Hubby likes the traditional old standbys and the girl will eat Pizza Rolls and Nutella until they come out of her ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!