Monday, February 6, 2012

Friend Makin' Monday - Habits

This was a horrible - no tracking type weekend.  Friday, management at work brought in huge subs for the "Super Bowl" lunch.  The turkey sub on wheat bread wasn't too bad - it was the brownies.  'Nuff said!  Friday night was a surprise 50th birthday party for my sister. I only had 2 Bud Lights, but the finger foods were my downfall.  I also didn't drink enough water during the day.  I woke up Saturday feeling like a dry human sponge.  Saturday wasn't actually too bad.  I dropped the girl & her friend off at dance, then made the rounds of several neat old cemeteries around town.  Call me weird - I love looking at the old stones & cemeteries are just so peaceful.  I did that for a good 3 hours!  Got some awesome pics, too.

Then there was last night.  It could have been worse.  I made pizzas, so I was able to control the toppings on mine.  I steamed up a bag of veggies & used those !!  But over the course of the day I went thru probably half a tube of multi-grain, ranch Pringles.  So maybe it wasn't as bad as it could have been.  Luckily I'd forgotten to get any sweets when I went to the store, so that helped a LOT !!

So now it's that time!
 


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. Take a moment to answer this week’s question  then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

FMM: Habits


  1. Are you proactive, or do you procrastinate?  I do both.  I make lists all the time, but will wait until the last minute to actually DO what is on the list.  Is that considered premeditated procrastination?
  2. Do you eat breakfast everyday? If so, what’s a typical meal like? Yes. I usually take oatmeal to work with me.  But sometimes I get horribly bored with that.  I never eat it plain - sometimes I mix in frozen (but thawed) strawberries or peanut butter or even fat free French vanilla coffee creamer.  On the weekends, we occasionally go out.  Sometimes to Tim Hortons (I do get a donut, but get the egg white muffin sandwich with it) or to a little diner that has really good veggie omelets & will do substitutions with egg beaters & no cheese, etc. If we stay home, I'll do a bowl of cereal or a smoothie.
  3. How much time do you spend watching TV on an average day?  On an average day, I'll watch none.  But when I do, it's something like How Its Made, RuPaul's Drag Race or SNL.
  4. Do you talk on the phone, or do you prefer e-mail and/or text messages?  If it is just a quick message, texting is fine.  Anything longer and doesn't require an immediate reply, email.  But if it involves Mom or my technological idiot sister - phone.
  5. Do you exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening? I prefer morning since I am a morning person.  But if I can't do that - as soon as I get home from work.  If I wait at all, I'll have a hard time getting motivated.
  6. Do you take time for yourself regularly?  I guess so.  I love my alone time after taking the girl to dance and before the hubby gets home.  Sometimes I clean the house, sometimes I veg with the cats, sometimes I'll take the dog for a walk. Whatever happens to strike my fancy at the time.
  7. How often do you make your bed? Everyday.  I've gotten the hubby in the habit since he's usually just getting out of bed when I leave in the morning.  I'm happy if he even just pulls the covers up half-assed.  Our cats have this unique talent of being able to hold kitty litter in their paws and can carry it thru the entire house & deposit it in the bed.  So if the covers are up we don't get litter in the sheets! 
  8. Do you plan meals? If so, how far in advance?  I always make a brief menu before going to the grocery store.  If I know what I'm making, I know exactly what I need and can get in & out quicker.  It also creates a quick answer for the inevitable "what are we having tonight?"
  9. Do you wake up at the same time everyday? During the week the alarm goes off at 5:30, but I don't always get out of bed right away.  I need to be up before 6 or it screws up my morning.  Weekends we seem to naturally wake up between 8 & 9.
  10. How often do you brush your teeth?As soon as I get up and before bed.  I floss without fail at night, since I tend to get stuff stuck between my teeth & it makes me crazy.
Now it’s your turn to answer this week’s questions! Don’t forget to go link up in Kenlie's comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!