Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Traditions

I found this on Regan's blog while particiapting in Friend Makin' Monday and had to do it - I love questionairres!

Christmas Traditions

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?  Eggnog!  I love it both with or without rum!  But I'm not opposed to hot chocolate, either.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or leave them under the tree?   He has his elves wrap the presents.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?  Colors!!!  We have LEDs on the tree for the first time this year, and altho it looks cool, I miss the chaser lights.  Outside we have a strand of big old-school C-9 lights across the eaves, a trio of spiral trees and a collection of blowmolds.  
4. Do you hang mistletoe?  No - no particular reason - just don't.
5. When do you hang your decorations up?  Normally the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year I ruptured a tendon in my calf the day before Thanksgiving and hubby was in Arkansas.   So that messed up my whole season!!!
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (besides dessert)? We don't really do a big Christmas dinner.  Snacks on C-mas Eve at one of my sister's houses.  So probably fresh shrimp cocktail.   Or sister Linda's white chili. 
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  Nothing off the top of my head stands out - just spending time with family.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list?  a laptop and maybe.....a Red Wing's Octopus pillowpet!
9. Do you open any gifts on Christmas Eve?   Maybe 1.  I usually give my daughter her new pajamas to open, but everything else is the day of.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?  Like a crazy person!  LOL!  I like "unique" items so we have ornaments ranging from Red Wing's hockey sticks to Tim Horton's coffee mugs to monster trucks to peacocks to stingrays wearing Santa hats. 
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?   I could take it or leave it.  I do love watching it come down and when I'm out shovelling (no love there!) I like to stop and listen to it fall.  I'm OK with driving in it - it's everyone else on the road that ticks me off!
12. Real tree of fake tree?   Fake.  our living room is so small that we leave off branches in the back lower layers so we can push it closer to the wall.   The only downside to this is that the tree looks a bit sparce.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  This may not be my favorite, but it stands out the most...my sister & I have regifted the same Chia Pet for at least 15 years now.  Crap - it's my year to get it!
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas for you?  Just spend time with family, even if they do make me crazy.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?  Hmm, that requires thought.
16. What is your favorite tradition?  We discovered this awesome little diner in downtown Rochester, so we go have dinner there and then walk up & down Main Street.
 
17. What tops your tree?  An angel wearing a Razorback dress.
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving?  both.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?  My favorite funny song is Montgomery Gentry's Merry Christmas from the Family.  Skip Ewing's Christmas Carol never fails to make me cry. 
20. Candy Canes, yuck or yum?  I'm not crazy about the traditional peppermint ones, but I go nuts over the chocolate mint ones!
21. Favorite Christmas Movie?  I don't watch a whole lot of movies.  Probably Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
22. What do you leave for Santa?  Cookies & a Mexican Coke.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition?  All our old traditions changed since Dad passed away in 2009.  We used to get up & open presents at our house, them meet over at Mom & Dad's for more gifts and then pancakes for breakfast.  then we'd just hand out all day & visit until the ham dinner with all the fixin's.  Now, every other year we have been going to Arkansas to spend with Randy's mom.   
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall?  I avoid the mall the rest of the year, so there's no way I'm going at Christmas time!   So mainly regular stores & online.
25. Christmas letter, or Christmas card?  Cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!