Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snopocalypse Part 2

This is going to be a crazy weekend!


First of all, we got “Snopalopagus II” (that’s how Angel & Amanda pronounce “Snopocalypse – LOL) Sunday night – we got a good 8 inches this time, so we all stayed home. It was no problem for the girl – she didn’t have school and the plan was for her to go to the Boys & Girls Club anyway. It took Randy & I 4 hours to clear the driveway & dig out the cars! She still had dance, tho. And we both forgot! It was supposed to start at 3:30 and at 4 Terina called & she had to hustle to get ready. Luckily it was technique that she was late for and not her actual classes. Ooops!

Must.Go.Sniff !!!
SNIFF !!!!!
Car-sno-hawk

So Tuesday we went to the Club & she flat out refused to stay. She wanted to go to work with me instead!!! Oh come on!! So I tried calling Mom – no answer at 0730. So I took her into work with me for a while. Then I finally was able to get hold of Mom, but by then I had work I had to finish, so she got to hang out with me until about 10. Glad my bowl of paperclips kept her busy!

I was supposed to take her over to Mom’s anyway after work because she was staying there Wednesday. So she just went early. But I still had to make a trip home to get her stuff, because I’d forgotten to pack until as I was walking out the door. Crap. So Randy & Jack took a field trip with me over to Mom’s Tuesday night.

I picked her up from the roller rink yesterday when open skate was over. It seemed silly for Mom to bring her home when I was close & really didn’t have to wait too long.

I had taken today & tomorrow off work. I had to take Maggie to get her blood pressure checked, to make sure her meds are doing what they’re supposed to. All was good with her – whew! We stopped at BK for some breakfast, then came home for a bit. Pnut had a consultation with the orthodontist at noon. As if I needed someone else to tell me how jacked up her teeth are. Guess her skull is too small for her teeth, so they’re crowded and her front teeth have pushed the lower teeth back & her eye teeth are tipped way in. She goes back on April 1 for x-rays & to get molds made, etc, etc, etc. The Randy & I will go back 2 weeks later to find out what they can do with her & also what the damage ($$$) will be. Joy.

Then we went to the credit union & filled up their coin machine with pennies. We had to wait until they emptied it so we could finish! She had over $30 in pennies. That was a nice little deposit in her account.

Then we stopped at Target since it was killing her to use the gift card she got for her birthday. She was looking for a jean skirt, but they didn’t have any. She got 2 books instead. Then we went to the Salvation Army & she struck gold! We narrowed it down to 2 for her & 2 for me. Plus I found another creepy doll to zombify. This one was glass eyes, so I won’t have to paint them! And I will use spray paint this time instead of the acrylic enamel. Darn those brush strokes!

Those EYES !!!!!

So the crazy part will begin tomorrow. Besides probably having to shovel snow again so Randy can go to work, we’re going to take EVERYTHING out of her room, except for bed & dressers. I’ll probably even have her take the drawers out so she can go thru her clothes. Vacuum & dust!  Oh, and I WILL take before and after pictures.  It's scary.  I fully expect to fill up the entire trash container with stuff & have a truckload for the Vietnam Vets!! Then she’s been bugging me to go see that damn Justin Bieber movie. I really don’t want to go see that. The kid annoys me just by the fact he’s EVERYWHERE !!!! At least his music doesn’t irritate me like Taylor Swift. I’d rather listen to the brakes on my car grind than to hear her.

Just found out on Tuesday that one of my Adopt a Platoon guys is heading home sooner than planned! I was supposed to stop “sending support” on April 1. Now it’s March 1 !!! Yay for the HHC 2-327 Infantry!

LOL, a whole bunch of people on the Halloween Forum love my Fatal Attraction skeleton cupid! I got a PM from someone asking the name of the seller so they could see if they had any more. It’s just too cute!

So, I guess I need to go figure out dinner – I told Randy it was a super secret ninja dinner plan – meaning I have no earthly clue what we’re having!

Oh, I almost forgot – furthering the Donor drama – the Monday after I’d had the chat with his girlfriend; I got an email from him! She somehow managed to get him to realize he was an ass & wanted to “apologise” to me & Angel for not being there & wanted to make up for it, blah blah blah. Just HOW does he think he’s going to make up for 11 years of ignoring her?? You can’t. Plus, she doesn’t miss him in the slightest. She’s got Randy there for her. Then wants to call & talk to her. But the number he has is for my old apartment! Funny that I don’t remember him ever calling there, but I know he has called here! I’ve been meaning to ask her if she even ~wants~ to talk to him, but I keep forgetting. Guess I should reply to his email. But there’s no hurry. I’ll reply about as quickly as he’s replied to me in the past – in a month of so. Maybe.

Anyhooooooo. Starting back to Weight Watchers next week!!

Playing in the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!